Implementing the Teach Computing Curriculum in your school
This course aims to support teachers and subject leads in providing the best computing experience for their pupils using the Teach Computing Curriculum. It will guide leaders through the Teach Computing Curriculum’s design and structure, exploring how it can be implemented within an individual school’s setting. There will be a focus on the content children will need to learn, skills they will need to access this and how these are progressed within the curriculum. It will consider the starting point of schools and how best they can include the Teach Computing Curriculum resources to teach computing effectively, troubleshooting any issues that they may have. It will also support subject leads in getting to grips with content, software, and approaches to enable them to effectively deliver the curriculum within their own school.
1. Design and structure of the Teach Computing Curriculum- explore the design and structure of Teach Computing Curriculum and the research behind this. Unpick how this fulfils the National Curriculum objectives for computing.
2. Making it work in your school: software and hardware requirements- Identify the software and hardware requirements of the Teach Computing Curriculum and how this may differ in your school. Explore alternative software to deliver the content
based on the technology within your school.
3. Making it work in your school: Teaching and learning- Identify potential barriers and how you can overcome them. Explore strategies for ensuring the curriculum meet the needs of pupils in your school, including how to provide support and challenge.
4. Planning to implement the Teach Computing Curriculum in your school- Develop an action plan for your school, considering where you are now, your identified issues to using the curriculum and strategies for overcoming them
• Understand the aims and design of the Teach Computing Curriculum
• Identify issues with implementing the TCC in your school and strategies for overcoming them
• Explain strategies for support and challenge within computing
• Know how to implement the Teach Computing Curriculum within your own setting, ensuring that it meets the needs of pupils in your school