Inspiring the computing experts of the future
The demand for computing skills and knowledge is growing – it is estimated that 1.2 million more people with specialist digital skills will be needed by 2022. We are calling on businesses to join our efforts to ensure young people are equipped with the necessary skills for the future.
The National Centre for Computing Education is funded by the Department for Education and is led by a consortium of STEM Learning, Raspberry Pi Foundation and BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT. We provide resources, training and support for teaching computing in schools and colleges from Primary through to A Level.
By working with us, your organisation can help to deliver a world-leading computing education for every child in every school in England.
Work with us and play a vital role in raising the profile of computing education with businesses, school and college leaders, teachers, parents and young people.
How you can help:
speak up for the importance and value of a world-class computing education for every child
help to raise awareness of the National Centre for Computing Education amongst school leaders and teachers
encourage your employees to volunteer for computing education initiatives in schools and clubs, specifically
- Training, administration and resources are provided
- Deliver a 90 workshop to a group of primary teachers at their school, usually after school
- Choose to deliver one or many workshops - it’s up to you
- Commit for a minimum of 12 weeks
- Spend 1 hour per week, usually after school
- Help around 15 young people aged 9-13 to use the Code Club projects
- Free of charge Enhanced Disclosure Check
- Volunteering induction, ID card and approved STEM Ambassador status
- Access a personal dashboard to find a wide range of opportunities to engage with schools locally
- Barefoot Computing
provide talks, mentors, visits, facilities or technology to enrich the student experience of computing in school
provide financial support to computing education programmes
- Our ambition is to raise £2m of additional funds to ensure that CPD is fully and freely accessible to every teacher in every school in priority areas in England.
- Join our strategic partners and help to make this happen
We’re hugely grateful to our strategic partners, Microsoft, BT, Rolls Royce, Arm and Nationwide are already supporting the NCCE with funding. For more information and to let us know how you can help with additional funding please contact [email protected]