On this course from the Raspberry Pi Foundation you’ll learn what databases are and why we use them, exploring how to use SQL to search and manipulate the data. Along the way, you’ll learn about primary keys and table relationships, as well as how to create joins to search multiple tables. In the final week, you’ll finish by grouping and looking at exporting data from the database. Learning about databases and SQL is a key component of GCSE Computer Science, so it’s important for educators, students, and parents alike to feel confident about the subject.
- What are databases used for?
- Why use a database or a spreadsheet?
- Create SQL statements to search a database
- The role of primary keys
- Add data using SQL statements
- Apply relationships to tables within a database
- Use joins to search across multiple tables
- Group data in a database
You will be able to:
- Produce SQL statements to search and update a database
- Explain the comparison of databases to spreadsheets
- Apply filters in SQL statements
- Demonstrate how to use SQL statements to create relationships for tables in a database
- Produce SQL statements to search across multiple tables