In the final week, you'll finish by making a quiz web page and then you will demonstrate your new skills by making your own website.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at classroom teachers delivering both KS3 and 4 computing.
You'll cover the following topics:
- HTML tags and attributes
- Styling web pages using CSS
- CSS classes and ids for styling web page elements
- Layouts in CSS, including the box model and responsive design
- The Document Object Model
How will you learn?
This online, self-paced course can be completed flexibly. You can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date. This course is not facilitated. You can learn independently or with colleagues to directly address your individual needs.
You will be able to:
- Produce a HTML web page using suitable tags and attributes
- Explain the advantages of CSS compared to inline styling
- Apply classes and ids to style a website
- Model web pages using the box model
- Demonstrate how to use the Document Object Model (DOM) to access an element of a web page