Discover how to save data to use it across multiple runs of your program
On this course, you will learn how to save text and binary files, and how to structure data so that programs can interpret it correctly.
You will explore various common types of structured files, including CSV and JSON, and also find out how to connect to a SQL database to use it in your Python programs.
This course is designed for those who have a little Python experience and are comfortable using functions with parameters–as covered in our Programming 102 course. Please note: screengrabs and recorded screencasts are key elements of this course.
You will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to use Python to store and retrieve persistent data
- Explain the importance of data persistence and where it is used
- Compare different types of structured data
- Modify a program to store data in a JSON file
- Perform operations on a database using SQL statements