Explore the fundamentals of computer networking with this online course for GCSE teachers. You will improve your understanding of key concepts and gain the confidence to teach the subject in the classroom.
On this course, you will learn to describe the different types of computer networks and understand how data can be transmitted securely. You will cover real world usage of networking technology to enhance your understanding. You will also become more familiar with how the internet works, including routing, DNS, and the World Wide Web.
You will be able to:
- Discuss types of network, advantages and disadvantages and general architecture
- Describe transmission of data (ethernet, wifi) and network protocols (http, ftp, etc)
- Explore how data can be transmitted securely
- Apply knowledge of real world usage of the networking technology
- Describe the internet including routing, DNS and the “world wide web”.
- Explain how data is encapsulated in an IP packet and a data frame for transmission
This course is part of the Subject knowledge certificate
Subject knowledge certificate
Our professional development programme, Computer Science Accelerator, is designed to help you develop or refresh your subject knowledge and leads to a nationally recognised certificate.
Find out more