The mathematical aspects of computer science can be difficult to understand and teach. On this course, you will be introduced to maths and logic in computing in an engaging way. Using the concept of an escape room, you will learn activities and games to help improve your knowledge and skills in this subject.
You will build your understanding of a range of topics, including using logic and mathematical operators in programming, and converting numbers to binary. Through practical activities you will become more comfortable with concepts including logical operators, truth tables, and logic gates.
You will be able to:
- Identify the AND, OR, NOT and XOR logical operators, recognise the symbols representing each logic gate, and be able to combine them in logic circuits and statements
- Develop knowledge of and be able to use • equal to • addition • subtraction • multiplication • real division • integer division, including remainders
- Produce drawings of truth tables and logic circuits and recognise a logic gate/circuit from its truth table
- Calculate conversion between binary and denary whole numbers (0-255)
- Explain why hexadecimal is often used in computer science, convert between binary and hexadecimal & decimal and hexadecimal