In this lesson, learners will be introduced to the two main types of digital graphics — raster and vector — and the associated file formats for each type. Learners will then learn how to make use of two different open source applications for the creation of each type of graphic. Learners will be shown sources that they can use to create their own digital graphics, whilst following appropriate copyright law.
- Describe the two main types of digital graphics: raster and vector
- Name associated file formats for types of digital graphics
- Utilise open source software to create both types of digital graphics
- Identify the resources required for creating digital graphics
- Recognise the legislation regarding use of digital graphics