Welcome to Computer Science Accelerator
Computer Science Accelerator is a flexible professional development programme designed to give you the subject knowledge and confidence to teach GCSE computer science.
The programme is suitable for current or aspiring teachers of GCSE computer science, and offers support to teachers from all backgrounds.
- Gain the subject knowledge required to teach the GCSE curriculum with confidence and drive attainment in your school
- Access a network of on and offline support to guide you through your professional development journey
- Obtain a professionally-recognised training certificate, awarded by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
- Map your professional development to the GCSE computer science specifications (September 2020) from AQA, OCR, and Pearson Edexcel.
Learning pathways for teachers
Our learning pathways will help you to get started and offer a structured route through the programme based on your level of experience. Once you have identified your pathway please browse our courses to book online.
- Advanced GCSE computer science PDF
- New to GCSE computer science PDF
- New to algorithms & programming PDF
- Computing non-specialist PDF
- New to computer systems PDF
Funding your programme
If you’re a teacher working in state-funded secondary education, you are eligible for bursary funding, paid to your school or college upon completion of the programme. If you’re a trainee teacher, you’ll need to claim your bursary within one year of gaining Qualified Teacher Status.
Enrol on the programme
- Enrol with the click of a button
- Complete a quiz to assess your subject knowledge
- Participate in a mix of courses to suit your experience
- Pass a short test to receive your qualification
“We’re teaching kids to use technologies that don’t exist yet for problems that they don’t know. It’s going to be a completely different world when they leave school.”
“The hard work paid off and studying has made me feel confident teaching computer science. I’m now part of an exciting future.”
“I definitely feel more confident as I have picked up a range of skills and techniques that I will be able to use within my classroom and also to enhance my subject knowledge.”
Computer science teacher