Welcome to the Computer Science Accelerator Programme
The Computer Science Accelerator Programme is a professional development programme designed to support teachers from non-specialist backgrounds who want to improve their knowledge of computer science and teach it at GCSE level.
You'll be supported at every step along the way
Register & plan
Create an account and discover courses suited to you using our diagnostic tool
Take part in the CPD that meets your needs, available online and face-to-face locally to you
(Your release time is covered, paid to your school after completion of face-to-face courses)
Complete your learning programme by carrying out a short test
(Any extra funding support is paid to your school after completion of the test)
Embed new ideas in the classroom and see increased impact
The programme is suitable for those already teaching or planning to teach GCSE computer science and will help teachers to fill potential gaps in their knowledge. Generous financial support is available for schools, including bursaries to help cover the costs associated with CPD participation.
Benefits for you:
- update your skills and be recognised for your subject knowledge
- feel more confident to teach this high demand subject across the curriculum
- choose from face-to-face and online modules to suit your learning needs
- save time on lesson planning and gain inspirational teaching ideas
- call on a team of champions on hand to support you throughout the programme
We hope you find the programme supportive and that it helps to give you the confidence to teach computer science across the curriculum.
How to enrol
Begin your journey towards being a fully qualified GCSE computer science teacher!
- Create your account with STEM Learning, and log in
- Enrol with the click of the button
- Use your personal dashboard to track your progress towards certification
- Find and book onto courses until you have enough credits to take the final test
- Pass the test and receive your qualification
Already have a STEM Learning account? Simply log in