The National Centre for Computing Education certificate in
GCSE computer science subject knowledge
Certification Awarded by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT and accredited by Royal Academy of Engineering
Welcome to the Computer Science Accelerator Programme
The Computer Science Accelerator Programme is a professional development programme designed to support teachers from non-specialist backgrounds who want to improve their knowledge of computer science and teach it at GCSE level.
Register & plan
Create an account and discover courses suited to you using our diagnostic tool
Complete 40 hours of CPD, both online and local to you
(Your release time is covered, paid to your school after completion of face-to-face courses)
Complete your learning programme by carrying out a short test
(Any extra funding support is paid to your school after completion of the test)
Embed new ideas in the classroom and see increased impact
The programme is suitable for those already teaching or planning to teach GCSE computer science and will help teachers to fill potential gaps in their knowledge. Generous financial support is available for schools, including bursaries to help cover the costs associated with CPD participation.
Benefits for you:
- update your skills and be recognised for your subject knowledge
- feel more confident to teach this high demand subject across the curriculum
- choose from face-to-face and online modules to suit your learning needs
- save time on lesson planning and gain inspirational teaching ideas
- call on a team of champions on hand to support you throughout the programme
We hope you find the programme supportive and that it helps to give you the confidence to teach computer science across the curriculum.