We understand it can be difficult to get out of the classroom to study, so we offer bursaries to schools and colleges across England to help.
These bursaries can contribute towards the costs associated with attending continuing professional development, including course fees, travel and supply cover.
For Primary Teachers
What financial support is available to help you access CPD?
We offer one free place to each primary priority school, on each course. A further £100 per day bursary is payable to the school, on successful completion of the CPD.
What is the standard fee?
For any teachers in non-priority schools, and for the second and subsequent teachers in priority primary schools, the fee is £35 per day of CPD
For Secondary Computing Teachers
What kind of bursaries do we offer on face-to-face CPD?
- The Computer Science Accelerator Programme Bursary for teachers without a post A level computer science qualification.
- A bursary to support any secondary teachers of computing in priority schools
Am I eligible for support?*
1. Computer Science Accelerator Programme Bursary
How much will the school receive if I’m eligible?
The Computer Science Accelerator programme and its online CPD is free to all teachers and the face-to-face CPD activities are free to secondary teachers meeting the eligibility criteria.
If you are eligible your school will receive:
- up to a maximum of £880, payable after successful completion of each face-to-face CPD activity
- £870 for participants who complete online CPD and sit the final test by 31 July 2019, payable on completion of the programme
How much will I need to pay if I am NOT eligible?
Teachers with a Post A level qualification can access any of our online CPD for free.
A fee of £220 per day is payable for face to face courses.
2. General Bursary
This CPD is free for all teachers of computing in priority secondary schools. A further bursary of £100 per day following successful completion of the CPD is payable to schools.
How much will I need to pay if I am NOT from a priority school?
For any teachers in non-priority schools, the fee is £35 per day of CPD.