We offer bursaries to state-funded schools and colleges across England that cover the cost of time out of the classroom for teachers attending CPD. These bursaries can contribute towards associated costs, including travel and supply cover.
For Primary Teachers
What financial support is available to help you access CPD?
Priority state-funded schools
We offer one free place on each course to primary teachers in state-funded priority schools*. All other places will be charged a fee of £35 per day. A bursary of £100 per teacher, per day is payable to the school, on successful completion of the course.
The fee is £35 per day for teachers in state-funded, non-priority schools.
The fee is £220 per day for teachers from independent schools.
For Secondary teachers
What kind of bursaries do we offer for face-to-face CPD?
- A bursary for teachers taking part in the Computer Science Accelerator Programme
- A bursary for teachers from secondary priority schools attending face-to-face courses in computing pedagogy
Am I eligible for support?
1. Bursary for the Computer Science Accelerator Programme
How much will my school receive if I’m eligible?
The Computer Science Accelerator Programme offers free online courses to all teachers and free face-to-face CPD for teachers in state-funded education.
|Attend 1st two day face-to-face course||£440|
|Attend 2nd two day face-to-face course||£440|
|Complete the programme including 2 online courses and sitting final test||£620|
~ An additional £300 bursary is available to state-funded schools and colleges, to support teachers who complete the Computer Science Accelerator Programme in their classroom practice. This can be used for any of the following:
- purchasing resources
- CPD (face-to-face and online)
- funding towards Chartered status
- kit for an after school club
- supporting events and networking with local schools (with support of CAS or Computing Hubs)
- student trips – must be computer science related
Complete a minimum of one course (online or face-to-face) by 29 February 2020 to be eligible.
How much will I need to pay if I am NOT eligible?
Teachers in independent schools can access any of our online CPD for free. A fee of £220 per day is payable for face-to-face courses.
2. Bursary for face-to-face courses in computing pedagogy
CPD is free for all secondary computing teachers in state-funded priority schools*. A bursary of £100 per teacher, per day is payable to the school, following successful completion of the course.
How much will I need to pay if I am NOT from a priority school?
The fee is £35 per day for teachers in state-funded, non-priority schools. The fee is £220 per day for teachers from independent schools.