Celebrate with us this summer - graduation events for the Computer Science Accelerator
Following the success of our inaugural graduation event at Google Headquarters in 2019, we are pleased to announce that we will be running a series of celebration events in July 2022 for graduates of the Computer Science Accelerator!
These events are exclusive to teachers who have obtained their Subject knowledge certificate and provide you with a unique opportunity to celebrate your dedication to professional development.
We are pleased to reveal the locations and dates for all events:
There are nine celebration events across England, and our network of Computing Hubs has been at the heart of the planning process for each of these, designing events that are sure to appeal to all CSA graduates alike. You will find each one unique but equally exciting.
- Auto Trader UK, Manchester - Wednesday 29 June
- National STEM Learning Centre, York - Thursday 30 June
- Millennium Point, Birmingham - Monday 4 July
- Westminster City Hall, London - Tuesday 5 July
- Urban Sciences Building at Newcastle University, Newcastle - Friday 8 July
- DC Intelligence Ltd, Cambridge - Saturday 9 July
- Bletchley Park, Milton Keynes - Wednesday 13 & Thursday 14 July
- Global Technology Centre, Bristol - Wednesday 13 July
Here is a general overview of what attendees can expect:
- Celebrate your achievement in one of our 9 inspiring locations, including Westminster City Hall, Bletchley Park, Millennium Point Birmingham and the Digital Planetarium at Winchester Science Centre
- Hear from a range of inspiring and influential keynote speakers, including our Chair Simon Peyton Jones
- Connect with like-minded teachers and industry representatives
- Receive a physical copy of your Subject knowledge certificate
- Hear from other CSA graduates about how the programme has impacted them and their students
- Access a range of opportunities that will benefit you and your students’ understanding of careers and skills related to computing
- Discover further opportunities to engage with us
- Hear what’s next for the National Centre for Computing Education
How do I secure my place at an event?
If you’re yet to embark on or complete your Computer Science Accelerator journey, why not find out more or log in to your Teach Computing profile to check what you need to do next to ensure you will be eligible to attend. Invites will be sent to all graduates in May via email - so make sure you’ve finished your certificate so that you don’t miss out! Places at all events will be available to book on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you’ve already completed your certificate, keep an eye on your email inbox for your invitation!
Share your story
If you've recently completed your certificate and want to share your experience with others, then we would love to hear from you. Get in touch with us to share your story.