Isaac Computer Science is an exciting, free learning platform, aimed at supporting students with the subject knowledge required for GCSE and A Level. During this short course, you’ll learn about the features available on the Isaac Computer Science platform, including how to:
• create a group (if you have your students' email addresses to hand, you can set them up as a group during the session)
• set assignments (choose from our bank of pre-made question 'gameboards')
• view your students' progress in their assignments
• use auto-marking to inform your teaching
• create your own custom ‘gameboard’
This session will be led by an experienced Professional Development Leader, and will include a demonstration of the main features, as well as the opportunity to try them out.
Who is it for?
This short course is suitable for teachers interested in using the Isaac Computer Science platform. You can create a free account on their website.
01 | Introduction to Isaac Computer Science – this session will support you with the platform, it’ll include a live demonstration, try out the platform and have the opportunity to ask questions.
How long is this course?
This course includes one session, running for a total of 1 hour.
How will you learn?
Scheduled live, interactive online sessions led by an experienced Professional Development Leader.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
● understand how to create a class group and set assignments on the Isaac Computer Science platform
● explore how to create ‘gameboards’ on the platform