Block-based programming languages like Scratch make it simple to learn and teach programming. But once you and your students have mastered it, it’s time to move on to a text-based programming language such as Python. This online course will show you how.
You’ll discover how to transfer the programming and thinking skills you learnt while using Scratch to Python. You’ll develop basic text-based programming skills, learning how to understand error messages and debug code.
The course will show you the power of text-based programming and give you the tools to support your students’ transition too.
- Explore how you can transfer programming and thinking skills from Scratch to Python
- Develop basic skills in Python programming language
- Identify simple error messages in Python syntax and how to debug code
- Reflect on the power of text-based programming and what you can create
- Produce tools to support children’s transition from block-based to text-based programming